Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Break--The rest of the story

This was a continuation of Day Two of Spring Break:

Our trip to the Kennedy Space Center was amazing.  Here's Karina and Matthew driving on the moon.


Kimberley, as the "experienced" driver, helped Michael.  I don't think you need a learner's permit on the moon.

Trying to take pictures that captured the sheer size is difficult. At least these prove that we were there.


In the background, is the shuttle that launched a few days after we were there.  We could see the tracks in the road where the shuttle was transported to the launchpad.


Here's a closer picture.  The orange part is the shuttle that launched into space. Uncle Scott and his family woke up early to watch the launch from their home.

Again, the sizes are hard to show in pictures.


Day Three:

The next day we drove to Clearwater Beach, and went shelling, and castle building.

The castle was pretty sweet. It had a moat, and shells decorating the walls.



The boys didn't want to leave their castle, so we took a picture.



This was the scene in the back seat on the way home.  The girls looked like little sleeping kittens.

We ended our wonderful trip with Uncle Scott, Paul, and Aunt Marcie with a cookout in one of the camping areas that Paul built for his Eagle project. 

Just to make sure that our trip balanced out, and that we experienced all things....

So here we're on the freeway, unpacking the car to get the spare.


But that didn't take away anything from our trip.  What a wonderful, wonderful spring break. 

4 comments:

Lexirella said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What great memories for the kids!

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing adventure!

Dana said...

I am so glad I found you guys' blog before you left. I love the picture of your girls sacked out in the back. I thought younger ones were suppose to look like that after a full spring break.

Gardners said...

Delwyyyyyn, you are making me jeaaaaaalous! Those are all the places I visited as a kid growing up in Tampa. I so miss it! Your kids look so grown up. Paiton has had fun looking at Kayla. Have you visited our family blog lately? I've got some good ones of B & P up. Miss you!

Followers