Thursday, March 4, 2010

March Already?

As I'm hip deep in pirates for the stake Cub Scout activity coming up, it suddenly dawned on me that its already March! And in less than three months we'll have a major move on our hands!  Kimberley will be done with 9th grade, Kayla with 6th, Karina with 3rd and Matthew with 1st.  I'm enjoying Michael's last few months at home before Kindergarten, and lamenting "When did time suddenly start moving so fast?"

Answer:  When you're busy, you NEVER have enough time.

Churchwise (and don't my boys look handsome in their suits?) Brent is still teaching early morning seminary every morning, and on the high council, and playing piano for priesthood meetings.  Delwyn is still playing the organ, and the Activity Days leader, and the Stake Primary President.  (The reason she's hip deep in pirates! There are only two weeks until our stake Cub Scout activity, Harrr Mateys! (Said with a Mississippi/South African accent.) Want to walk on this nice little plank, anyone?)

Everyday-life wise, Brent is still working full time at Keesler, and juggling kids schedules during the evenings and on weekends.  We have the three youngest in soccer, and have one to two make up games a week EACH because of all the rained out games.  Luckily the two in swimming are having a little break because short season ended. But still, only Monday nights are "free" because that's our family rule.

My life still consists of trying to come up with the perfect meal that everyone eats, juggling dusting and laundry, and spending an hour or so in the car each day driving kids around. And explaining that "I'm sorry, I never learned that in school.  Do you think your older sister can help you with your homework?"  Huh.

Kimberley is thinking of taking up guitar.  (Her drums were great to get her rythms right for piano.)  She is nice enough to play the organ for church sometimes.


Kayla's oboe playing is taking off, as well as the piano. She's growing about three feet every time she takes a nap. And she has amazing taste in Superbowl picks.



Karina is still the cutest curly haired blonde you'll ever meet. Unless, of course, she's disguised as Elvis.  She sang and danced a "blue" Christmas number at a rest home in Biloxi.

Matthew won the spelling bee for first grade.  Smart little kid. Takes after my side of the family.

Michael is a killer wii player.  He keeps explaining that he can drive now, and doesn't understand why I don't hand over my car keys.

Here's some pictures out and about, taking in the sights.

 If you look closely past Kimberley's shoulder, you can see our local friendly alligator munching on something. We couldn't figure out what, exactly.  I counted kids and they're all accounted for.



This month we get to visit Scott and Marcy for spring break, and we're looking forward to the visit.

March already?  Amazing.

3 comments:

Mel and Angus said...

Love the picture of the boys! Did you Brent tell you that Court's daughter is going to be a curly headed one too? Grandma Maud struck again!

DHFarnsworth said...

I didn't know that. Brent won't take responsibility for all those curls! Love it.

my4suns2 said...

Aw, Delwyn, I sure miss you. Love the post. It made me smile. Your kids are great! And wow, three callings! I remember the days...

Followers